Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NaNoWriMo

This month I am participating in NaNoWriMo which is a world wide initiative to encourage people to write. (National Novel Writing Month)
The rules are simple.
Register your interest, then attempt to write 50,000 words, on a new story, in 31 days!
Crazy I know, but I'm doing it.
The best piece of advice they have sent me (they email you every day) is to just get the
words down on the paper/computer.
So many of us, write, edit and polish at the same time. Thus it takes months if not years
to write a novel.
But in this, we are getting a first draft down as quickly as possible.
Leaving editing and polishing for December and next year.
It is brilliant.
To make matters harder for myself I have decided to write a completely new genre of book,
actually two.
Only one of my stories is over 50K- i generally write shorter.
SO I have plotted and am writing two simultaneously.
A historical erotic BDSM romance and a sic/fi fantasy erotic romance!
It's scary and exciting all at once.
The lovely ladies at ERWA and RWA are helping lots!
Thank you for all of your support and I look forward to next year when I can hopefully share
 the good news that either one or both of my stories have been picked up by a publisher :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment