Followers

Thursday, May 9, 2013

submitted

I finished and submitted my contemporary romance 'England or bust' to Entangled publishing last night.
Wish me luck!
It was for a submission call, and I am not 100% sure I got the theme right, but it's a nice story
and I hope they like it!
Fingers crossed!
Would you like a short excerpt?
(I love excerpt's)


“I’m Robert McLennan. Rob.”
The gorgeous man, who was probably in his mid thirties, held his hand out to her across the table.
Michelle eyed it for a moment before placing her hand in his. Hot awareness tingled along her palm.
“Michelle Rowan.”
Rob smiled and called to one of the waiters. “Could I get a menu please?”
The waiter walked back to his computer, picked up a menu and put it down in front of Rob on his way to attend another customer.
“Not the healthiest selection in the world. What did you order?” Rob looked up, his expression clear, his eyes bright and happy.
Michelle felt tendrils of light filter through her. She had been so unhappy this past week. She had revelled in the blackness of her despair. Now, just looking at the man in front of her, that unhappiness was breaking apart. She mourned its loss.
“A burger and a bottle of wine.”
Just as she spoke a waitress arrived with her bottle of wine and two glasses. “One glass or two ma’am?”
Michelle shrugged and looked over at the interloper opposite her. “Would you like to join me?”
Rob nodded and the waitress began pouring their drinks. “Why not. I’ll buy the next one.”
A rough laugh erupted out of Michelle’s throat. She coughed, the feeling and sound of it, foreign.
“Next bottle? You really think we’ll be getting through two bottles?”
Rob lifted his glass in the air and smiled that smile. The one that made her belly clench tight. Michelle picked up her glass in a hurry.
“Well, what else is there to do while we wait for the storm to pass?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment